Hello Everyone, In this Section we have listed some trending Computer Awareness Questions and answers for Competitive Exams.This may ask in Banking and Insurance sector examinations. In a mean while this is very important topic in every competitive exams like UPSC, IBPS, APPSC, TSPSC, MTS, CGL, CHSL, Constable Exams, SI, Forest Officers.
In every section we only frame important Top Computer General Knowledge Awareness Questions, which were previously asked in different Computer Questions Competitive exams. Upon to this every day we focus some list of topics. Hope you will follow the updates.
We ensure, this questions will enhance Basic Knowledge of Computer , Computer General Knowledge quiz essentiality about the topics and may use as reference. Subscribe to our Email Updates to let you know about burning updates. Computer Knowledge for Bank Exams is very important for the aspirants to know the basics of the computer and it’s functionalities.
INTRODUCTION OF COMPUTER :
A Scientific or research organization may need to process huge scientific or project data may require the evaluation of certain expressions involving several governing parameters of the mathematical model. Processing of such data tales a lot of time and labour. To save labour and time we need a computing device. For speeding up compilation and avoiding copying mistakes, faster electronic calculators were replaced by a comprehensive electronic device with memory, speed, and accuracy. This device is called “Computer”.
Computer built in 1950’s used vacuum tubes and these were identifies as first generation computers. These vacuum tubes were later replaced by small transistors, as these were less expensive and required less lower and these were identified as second generation computers. In the third generation computers, very small electronic circuits were used instead of transistors. In recent years, there has been improvement in the third generation computers. Large scale Integrated Circuits (LSI) and Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits (VLSI) are used to achieve much faster speed, better memory and accuracy. These computers are fourth generation computers.
COMPUTER QUESTIONS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS :
- Most of the websites have moving graphics, which are called as – Animations
- Physical Components of a Computer are called – Hardware
- Windows Explorer is a – File Manager
- DNS is the abbreviation of – Domain Name System
- File transfer protocol is used for – Transferring Email & Uploading Files
- Hyperlink is a web document usually appears in – Underlined and Coloured
- Android is a – Mobile Operating System
- ‘.rtf’ is a file extension for documents. RTF stands for – Rich Text Formats
- Windows XP, Mac, Linux are examples of – Operating Systems
- .exe – is common file extension for an installation file.
- Modem – is a Input and output device.
- Computers that are portable and convenient for users who travels are known as – Laptops
- Address Book – can be used instead of remembering e-mail addresses.
- Any letter, number or symbol found on the keyboard that you can type into the computer is called – Character
- Java – is a popular programming language for developing multi-media pages, websites and web based applications.
- The letter and the number of the intersecting column and row is the – Cell address
- Delete – is used to remove a character on the right side of the cursor in a word document.
- A technology for using the internet or another intermediate network to connect computers to isolated remote computer networks that would otherwise be inaccessible is know as – Virtual Private Network
- When sending an e-mail, the Subject line describes the content of the message.
- Web Hosted Technology – allows users to upload files to an online site, so that they can be viewed and edited from another location.
BASIC COMPUTER QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS OBJECTIVE :
Click -> Start Button below to follow the link and Check your ability by getting results and reviewing your answers. All the best–>
An online system
a database management system
a real-time system
Primary storage device
Secondary Storage device
None of these
A bar code
A magnetic tape
An ASCII code
an OCR scanner
None of these