Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE and unmarried FEMALE Engineering Graduates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services.
Those who want to make passion about to join and make as career, it is an excellent opportunity for BE/B.Tech Graduates.
Course shall be commencing in Oct 2017 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Online Application Starts From – 23 JAN 2017
Closing of application form on – 22 FEB 2017
# INDIAN ARMY SSC ELIGIBILITY :
Age Limit :
- SSC(T)- 49 Men and SSC(T)-20 Women:- 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2017 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 90 and 01 Oct 97) (both dates inclusive).
- SSCW (Non Tech)(Non UPSC)- For Widows of Defence Personnel only (with four years age relaxation). 19 to 29 years (Candidates born between 02 Jul 88 and 01 Jul 98) (both dates inclusive).
# Indian Army SSC (T) Educational Qualification :
- Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering course are eligible to apply.
- The candidates studying in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA.
- Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time.
NOTE : Candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete including written, Practicals,projects, backlogs, viva voce, etc, for award of qualifying BE/B.Tech degree before 01 Oct 2017 failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
# HOW TO APPLY :
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
- Click on ‘Officers Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments.
- Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Then click on ‘Submit now’ only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. After submitting, click on “PDF” and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the system.
# SELECTION PROCEDURE :
The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut-off percentage of marks for each engineering discipline without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut-off percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
- Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued only through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to log in on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in using their username and password and select the SSB dates as available on the website.
- Interviews will be held from April/May 2017 onwards.
- Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II.
- Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
# PHYSICAL STANDARD :
Height & Weight :
- The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42kg.
- To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Officers Training Academy.
- In order to be able to adjust to the regime at the Training Academy the candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the OTA, if finally selected:-
(a) Running 2.4Km in 15 minutes
(b) Push ups – 13
(c) Sit ups – 25
(d) Chin ups – 6
(e) Rope climbing – 3-4 metres.
# MEDICAL EXAMINATION :
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board (SSB) will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board.
# TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE :
Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC-3 Tier to and fro railway fare or bus face including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits.
# ELIGIBLE ENGINEERING STREAM :
》Electrical/Electrical & Electronics/Aeronautical/Aviation/Aerospace/Ballistics
》Computer Science Technology/Info Tech/M.Sc (Computer Sc) Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Science & Engineering
》Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
》Satellite Communication Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering
》Automobile /Workshop Technology/Automobile Engineering
》Metallurgy & Material Engineering
》Electronics & Control Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Instrumentation Technology
》Architecture/Building Architecture Engineering
For Submission of Online Application : PLEASE CLICK HERE