B.Tech Previous Questions
In this page we have listed all B.Tech Previous Questions asked in University Examinations. Make Ensure of each and every question as reference, these can be very useful for gaining more marks. For every Subject there are maximum number of Questions are mentioned. Daily we will post one subject previous questions asked in University Exams. So, be update regularly for JNTUA Previous question papers 3-2, JNTU Previous question papers 2-2, JNTU Previous question papers 3-2.
Every year there are lot of students who are pursuing JNTU Semester exams at various engineering colleges, some will clear and some will have arrears, but no need to worry about your arrears, we’re here to guide you and help you to clear your B.Tech semester exams with innovative way of teaching propoganda. Here are some JNTUA previous year question papers for your reference, just follow the questions to know what exactly the university is expecting to ask about the subject line.
JNTUA PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS DOWNLOAD :
JNTUA ANALOG ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS (AEC)
1. Derive the voltage gain and input resistance of CG amplifier.
2. Design a single stage dc coupled CE amplifier for the given specification: VCC = 20 V, IC = 1 mA and RL = 100 kΩ.
3. Explain the Miller theorem and derive Miller capacitance.
4. Draw and explain the Miller’s high frequency equivalent circuit with resistive load for a NPN transistor.
5. Draw and explain voltage-shunt amplifier using h-parameter model, derive voltage gain, input resistance, output resistance and current gain closed loop and open loop.
6. Derive the Vf1/Vo and frequency of and minimum gain of source follower RC phase shift oscillator.
7. Show that in the case of transformer coupled class A power amplifier, maximum theoretical efficiency is 50 %.
8. Compare series fed and transformer coupled class A amplifiers.
9. What is meant by clipping in wave shaping?
10. Classify different types of clipper circuits. Give their circuits and explain their operation with the aid of transfer characteristics.
11. Briefly discuss the storage and transition times of diode with waveforms.
12. Draw and explain about the response of Schmitt circuit for the following:
a). For loop gain 1.
b). Loop gain >1.
PRINCIPLES OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (PEE)
1. Write short notes on constant K- low pass filters.
2. Design a constant K-low pass filter to match with a line having characteristic impedance of 500 Ω and to pass frequency up to 5 kHz.
3. What is an attenuator? Explain π-type attenuator and bridged T-type attenuator by deriving necessary equations.
4. Explain the magnetization and load characteristics of DC generators.
5. Discuss with suitable circuit diagram Swinburne’s test to find out the efficiency of a dc machine.
6. A single phase transformer working at 0.8 power factor leading has an efficiency of 80% at both half load, at full load of 600 W. Determine the efficiency at 75% of full load.
7. Discuss briefly:
a). Shaded pole motor.
b). Capacitor motor.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (DBMS)
1. Explain the transaction management in database.
2. Discuss the query processor of database system structure.
3. Distinguish between procedural and non-procedural DML’s.
4. Define relational algebra, tuple and domain relational calculus.
5. What are the differences between the two types of relational calculus?
6. What is dependency preservation property for decomposition? Explain why it is important.
7. Define BCNF. How does BCNF differ from 3NF? Explain with an example.
8. Explain 3nf. Give one example.
9. What are the lists of actions transaction can perform on a database objects? Explain with suitable schedule.
10. What are the transaction isolation levels in SQL?
11. What are the merits & demerits of using fuzzy dumps for media recovery?
12. Explain the phases of ARIES algorithm.
13. Explain 3 main properties of ARIES algorithm.
14. Give an example of a database application in which the reserved-space method of representing variable – length records is preferable to the pointer method. Explain.
15. What are the causes of bucket overflow in a hash file organization? What can be done to reduce the occurrence of bucket overflows?
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS – II (SOM-II)
1). A boiler shell, 1500 mm in diameter, is made of 16 mm plates. The longitudinal joint has an efficiency of 72%. Calculate the maximum permissible steam pressure if the tensile stress in the plate is not to exceed 80 N/mm2. If the circumferential joint has an efficiency of 60%, calculate the maximum longitudinal stress induced.
2). What do you mean by a thick compound cylinder? How will you determine the hoop stresses in a thick compound cylinder?
3). A solid shaft of 300 mm diameter has the same cross-sectional area as the hollow shaft of the same material with inside diameter of 250 mm.
a). Find the ratio of power transmitted by the two shafts for the same angular velocity.
b). Compare the angles of twist in equal lengths of these shafts, when stressed to the same intensity.
4). An open-coiled helical spring consists of 10 coils, each of mean diameter 5 cm, the wire forming the coils being 6 mm diameter and making a constant angle 30° with planes perpendicular to the axis of the spring. What load will cause the spring to elongate 1.25 cm and what will be the bending and shear stresses due to this load? Calculate the value of axial twist which would cause a bending stress of 56 MPa in the coils. E = 210 GPa and G = 84 GPa.
5. (a) Derive the Euler’s buckling load for a column with both ends fixed.
(b) Find the ratio of buckling strength of a solid column to that of a hollow column of the same material and having the same cross-sectional area.
6. (a) What is the limit of eccentricity? Explain briefly.
(b) Explain core of section. Find out the core of a circular section.
7). A cantilever of rectangular section 40 mm (width) X 60 mm (depth) is subjected to an inclined load P at the free end. The inclination of the load is 250 to the vertical. If the length of the cantilever is 2 meters and maximum stress due to bending is not to exceed 200 MN/m2, determine the value of P.
8). A horizontal circular bow girder of radius 12 m is continuous over twelve equally spaced supports. It carries a vertical u.d.l. of 80 kN/m. Obtain the bending moment, torsional moment and S.F. diagrams for one span indicating the critical values.
FLUID MECHANICS AND HYDRAULIC MACHINERY (FMHM)
1). (a) State Newton’s law of viscosity. Classify fluids based on Newton’s law. What is the effect of temperature on viscosity of water and that of air?
(b) Calculate capillary rise in a glass tube of 3 mm diameter when immersed in water. Take surface tension for water as 0.07358 N/m. Find the percentage increase in capillary rise if the diameter of glass tube is 2 mm.
2). (a) Define streak line, path line, stream line, equi-potential line.
(b) Obtain Euler’s equation of motion along a stream line and hence derive Bernoulli’s equation for steady incompressible fluid flow.
3). (a) Explain briefly:
(i) Hydraulic gradient line.
(ii) Equivalent pipe.
(b) A Venturimeter is installed in a pipe line of 300 mm diameter. The throat pipe diameter ratio is 1/3. Water flows through the installation. The pressure in the pipe line is 137.7 Pa and vacuum in throat is 375 mm of mercury. If 4% of the differential head is lost between the gauges, find the rate of flow through the pipe.
4). (a) Derive the equation between the angle, through which a hinged plate will swing in terms of force of jet and weight of the plate.
(b) A 25 mm diameter jet exerts a force of 1 kN in the direction of flow against a flat plate, which is held at an angle of 30° with the axis of the stream. Find the rate of flow.
5). (a) List the elements of a hydroelectric power plant. What is meant by pumped storage plant?
(b) How mass curve is used to estimate power generated?
6). (a) Compare impulse and reaction turbines.
(b) Design a pelton wheel for a head of 150 meter, power to be developed = 600kW and speed of the wheel is 360 rpm, coefficient of velocity = 0985. Assume other necessary data.
7). (a) Derive an expression for specific speed of a turbine in terms of power P, head H, speed in rpm N.
(b) One of the Kaplan turbines installed is rated at 25,000 kW when working under 30 m of head at 180 rpm. Find the diameter of the runner, if overall efficiency of the turbine is 0.91. Assume flow ratio of 0.65 and diameter of the runner hub equal to 0.3 times the external diameter of runner. Also find specific speed of the turbine.
8). (a) What are the types of reciprocating pumps?
(b) A centrifugal pump of 1.5 meter diameter runs at 210 rpm and pumps 180 litres of water per second. The angle which the vane makes at exit with the tangent to the impeller is 25°. Assuming radial entry and velocity of flow throughout as 2.5 m/s determine the power required to drive the pump. If manometric efficiency of the pump is 65%, find the average lift of the pump.