Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notifications for CDS notification 2019 from eligible candidates fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website http://upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form the UPSC application form.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form.
Last Date For Submission of UPSC CDS 2 – 2019 Online Application Form:
- The Online Applications can be filled up to 8th July 2019 till 6:00 PM.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 15.07.2019 to 22.07.2019 till 6.00 PM.
UPSC CDS 2019 Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun: 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala: 45
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Men- Chennai (Madras): 225
- Officers Training Academy, Women- Chennai: 15
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy-Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
UPSC CDS-2 2019 scheme and syllabus of the Examination:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy
UPSC CDS 2019 Syllabus:
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study
ARITHMETIC: Number System—Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation. Elementary Number Theory—Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorization Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
ALGEBRA: Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, the relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one 21 variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
TRIGONOMETRY: Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
GEOMETRY: Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
MENSURATION: Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle, and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
STATISTICS: Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY ONLINE AT http://upsconline.nic.in ONLY.